This is one of the nutritious and wholesome foods you can give to your baby. Kerala banana also known as ‘Nendran’ is useful for your baby’s weight gain, constipation problems, anemia etc. Pregnant women can consume bananas to cure morning sickness. If steamed, Kerala bananas are extremely nutritious! Kerala Bananas provide aroung 120 Kcal to you and your baby !! 🙂
Lets get to the recipe, Its simple, yummy and provides high energy to your little one!
Things Required :
- Kerala Banana – 1/2 of a piece
- Jaggery – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee -1/2 tsp
- Water – half a cup
Method of preparation :
- Pressure cook banana with jaggery for abt 2-3 whistles
- Take out the steamed bananas and let it cool. Remove the black seeds which appear as lining inside
- Mash with a fork or blend it to a puree
- Heat ghee in a kadai and add the mash/puree and mix well for about 1-2 minutes
Give to your baby with a little warmth. You can add the water in which it was cooked, to the mash/ puree to get the required consistency.