Pressed for time but need to make a healthy breakfast?
Looking for an easy but healthy recipe for your little one?
Is fast food taking a toll on your health? Try this fast and easy recipe then!
Today I will explain how to prepare crispy ragi dosa recipe for toddlers and kids in just half an hour. It’s a quick and yummy recipe I prepare for our dinner. It is my go to recipe when I am really tired to whip up something elaborate.
Ragi – Why is it good for you and your toddler?
Ragi / nachni/ finger millet is one of the best nutrient loaded cereals with a good amount of calcium, iron, protein, fibre etc.
It’s especially good for kids and lactating mothers because of its high calcium content. All you moms and moms to be, try out some yummy ragi koozh or ragi ambli, your body will thank you for it.
I have already mentioned its health benefits in my previous post on homemade sprouted ragi flour.
What makes this ragi dosa recipe different?
Normally we all make dosa using fermented batter but this dosa is prepared without the fermenting process. So it is easy and can be prepared whenever you want!
Ragi dosa can be served as breakfast or dinner for toddlers and kids with coconut chutney or any side dish of your choice. If you omit the milk, green chillies and prepare this ragi dosa with water as the base, this can be given to babies of 8 months and above.
Step by step instant ragi dosa recipe for toddlers and kids:
Dry roast the sprouted ragi flour for few seconds till a nice aroma wafts out. Transfer it to a vessel big enough to mix the batter.To this add desiccated coconut and required salt.
Sauté finely chopped onion, ginger and green chilly in a teaspoon of oil till translucent. Add this to the ragi mixture. Now add curd and milk to the mixture and mix everything well.
Add water accordingly to make the batter thin than the regular dosa batter and without any lumps. Check for salt and adjust accordingly.Cover it and let it stay for 30 minutes.
Make crispy dosas with this batter and serve with coconut chutney or a chutney of your choice. For yummy and easy chutney recipes, you can refer to our 5 chutney recipes for toddlers and kids.
- Sprouted ragi flour (or normal ragi flour) – 1 cup
- Desiccated coconut (or fresh finely grated coconut) – ½ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Curd – 2 tablespoon
- Sesame seeds-1 tablespoon
- Big onion -1
- Ginger-a small piece
- Green chilli-1
- Water – as needed
- Salt – to taste
- Sesame oil (any cooking oil) or ghee – to make dosa
- Dry roast the sprouted ragi flour in a pan for few seconds till a nice aroma wafts out.
- Transfer it to a vessel. Make sure it is big enough to mix the batter.
- To this add desiccated coconut and required salt.
- Sauté finely chopped onion, ginger and green chilly in a tsp of oil till translucent.
- Add this to the above mixture.
- Now add curd and milk to the mixture and mix everything well.
- Add water accordingly to make the batter thin than the regular dosa batter and without any lumps.
- Check for salt and adjust accordingly.
- Cover it and let it stay for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick tawa and pour a ladle of batter and spread it slowly into circle.
- Drizzle oil around the dosa and let it cook for 2 minutes
- Once cooked, flip it over to the other side and drizzle some oil around the dosa.
- Once both sides are cooked well, remove from tawa.
- Serve with coconut chutney.
Let me know if you have any easy but healthy recipes that you absolutely swear by.