Do you remember the TV serial ” Shanti ” ? I clearly remember the strong female protagonist “Shanti” played by a lean, beautiful, brave young Mandira Bedi with her trademark “eyeliner bindis”. I was in my school at that time year 1994. Time flew and saw the transition of that salwar clad Mandira bedi to a strapless and backless blouse and saree clad Mandira at Cricket after matches, talks, meets etc. Such a transformation !!
Today she is a successful anchor and a celebrity svelte and fit mom. This post is regarding her fitness tips , diet , exercise regimes and how Mandira Bedi lost 22 kgs post baby.
Mandira gave birth to her son Vir via a C-section and reached 54 kgs within 6 months. She was one of the moms who could fit into her 26 inch waist sized jeans post delivery like Tara Sharma. Mandira has launched her cloth-line too in September’13.
Unlike celebrities we don’t have personal caretakers, maids, hairdressers, trainers or dietitians. But still we can try to inculcate 1 or 2 good habits from their life into ours. Lets take a look at her diet , exercise and fitness routines.
EXERCISES POST BABY BIRTH
- Started light walks from the 41st day post baby
- She is an eggeterian and believes in eating at regular intervals through out the day
- Doesn’t eat sweets as she believes it easily makes one put on weight
- Eats a low carb , high protein diet
- Breakfast – fruits , milk , porridge , egg white omelette of 3 eggs
- Protein shakes
- Lunch – Roti , dal , sprouts and vegetable salads
- Evening snack – corn , soya , sprouts
- Night – same as lunch
EXERCISE AND FITNESS
- Works out in the gym 5 days a week balancing exercises for all body parts
- Runs for an hour / cycling everyday
Do you like Mandira Bedi and her fitness ? Do share with us.