What do you do once you come back home from work ? I wash my hands and change Anshika’s diaper . Next thing I do is switch on my TV and tune to any Bollywood gupshup or food channels. Then its my cooking time for Anshika’s dinner .
One fine day back home, I found sweet potatoes , apples in the fruit basket and chicken pieces in the freezer . I had read about Annabel Karmel’s way of cooking with this combo . Annabel Karmel is the leading expert and best selling author on baby food and nutrition. She had used sauces and olive oil in it . I thought why can’t I make another version of her recipe then ? So this new dish came into the 1-year-old food chart of Anshika . It’s Chicken , Apple and Sweet Potato Mash !! This is suitable for all 8 m+ babies , toddlers and kids.
Chicken is rich in lean protein, apples in vitamins and sweet potatoes in beta carotene . So in total a wholesome dinner for my daughter . Let’s see how to prepare chicken apple and sweet potato recipe.
- Wash and clean chicken , sweet potato and apple
- Peel apple and sweet potato
- Heat butter in a pressure cooker and add onion
- Sauté onion till it turns soft and pink
- Add chicken , sweet potato and apple
- Add chicken stock or water
- Pressure cook until cooked
- Mash or blend it to the desired consistency
- Chicken - 1 or 2 pieces
- Sweet Potato - 1/ 2 a piece
- Apple - half of an apple
- Onion - 1 small
- Water or chicken stock - ½ cup
- Butter - 1 tsp.
- Clean the chicken pieces, sweet potato and apple.
- Peel the apple and sweet potato and keep it aside
- Finely chop the onion
- In a pressure cooker , heat butter and sauté onion until it becomes soft
- Add chicken , followed by sweet potatoes and apple
- Saute for 2 minutes and add the stock / water
- Pressure cook till the ingredients are cooked
- Mash the contents with a fork / blend it to a puree