My alarm roared at 5.30 AM , but I snoozed it and slept till 6.15 . Suddenly a rush of blood to my heart , “ I haven’t written a post for today , Oh My “ . Somehow I got up and rushed to the living room . Just after I opened my laptop, Lali got up. Now she wants to play with the keyboard , which I can’t entertain as my post is due for today . Ok now she is sitting next to me , with an apple in her hand and looking for a chance of pressing the keys in between. Today’s post is a review of a handmade castile soap for babies .
You might know how dry my daughter’s skin is . I am in the constant search for a product that could make her skin smooth and supple. It was during that search that this product came up to me . It is a handmade castile soap , made out of olive oil . Castor oil also plays an important role in this soap’s content. Lets see how this soap fared my daughter
CLAIMS AS PER THE MANUFACTURER
- Cold processed soap
- High content of glycerin present as a result of saponification
- Contains pure olive oil and castor oil
- Cleansing without drying the skin
- Suitable for babies and kids
- Suitable for all skin types
PRICE : 90 INR for 80 gms
- Doesn’t dry the skin as per the claim
- No added colour or fragrance
- Moisturises the skin
- Leaves the skin squeaky clean
- Less lather
- Handmade , so free from harsh chemicals
INGREDIENTS : Saponified oils of pure olive , castor, distilled water and lye.
- As it is made out of pure oils , the soap tends to melt easily . So extra care in keeping the used soap like covering with a cloth or soap drainer to be ensured post usage
- Though initially Anshika was comfortable using this on face , after a few days , she started crying . I think it stings the eyes.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH HOME MADE CASTILE SOAP
I used it for Anshika and must say her skin is cleaned leaving behind a moisturised supple skin. I didn’t find any rashes / allergies on her skin . Once you smell the soap , you would get a feel of smelling olive oil and castor oil :). No added fragrance or colour which gets thumps up from me as a mom.
Post usage , I wrap it with a cloth cover to prevent if from melting . So I am quite happy with this soap 🙂
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS ? Absolutely , If you are looking for a handmade chemical and colour free soap for your baby / yourself this castile soap is a must buy ! It stings the eyes, so please refrain from using it on baby’s face.
MY RATING : 5/5
If you would like to buy this soap , please feel free to get in touch with Waseema , who is a mother of two angels , and is passionate about handmade soaps . She started manufacturing soaps for her daughters and the passion got tranformed to her job , which she enjoys to the core. She runs Bubblesandsqueek, please feel free to visit her page.